Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I am a contractor/subcontractor and will soon be working at the Marathon Refineries in Mandan, ND or Dickinson, ND. What do I need to do so my employees can gain access to the site?
A. Marathon uses the Occupational Safety Councils of America (OSCA) for all its contractor training. As a contractor, you will need to set up an account with OSCA and utilize their system for your employees. You will need to meet the following criteria to gain access to the Refinery:
- Complete the Marathon OSCA background check.
- Have an “Active” status in OSCA’s Drug & Alcohol Program or DISA Solutions.
- Complete Refinery Safety Overview (RSO) training.
- Complete the Marathon Mandan, ND or Dickinson, ND Contractor Site Specific Orientation training.
Q. How do I set up an OSCA account and make any modifications to our training account?
A. Contact Angelica Subia and she will assist you in setting up an account for Training and Background checks. Angelica can be reached at email@example.com or (925) 335-5026. Once your OSCA account is set up, you will be scheduled for a training session on how to manage your account and set up employees for training.
Q. Where can the ASAPCC drug & alcohol testing be done?
A. Testing can be completed by any of the following collection sites:
Preble Medical Services
107 Collins Avenue Mandan, ND 58554
Sanford Health Occupational Medicine Clinic
2603 East Broadway Bismarck, ND 58501
Drug and Alcohol Testing Network
723 Memorial Highway, Bismarck, ND 58504
Q. What OSCA classes are offered at the NDSC office in Bismarck?
A. The following courses are available:
- Refinery Safety Overview (RSO)
- Marathon Mandan Contractor Site Specific Orientation
- Marathon Dickinson Contractor Site Specific Orientation
- Marathon Mandan Contractor Alky Orientation
- Marathon Mandan Visitor Site Specific Orientation
- Marathon Dickinson Visitor Site Specific Orientation
- Marathon North Dakota Refineries Fire Watch Orientation
- Marathon North Dakota Refineries Permit to Work
- Marathon North Dakota Refineries Confined Space
- Marathon Logistics MidCon Gathering & Processing Site Specific Orientation
Before you can attend any of these trainings, you must have your account set up with OSCA. Once your account is active, you will be able to see a schedule of available training times and register your employees.
Q. Where do I go for the Marathon North Dakota Contractor Site Training?
A. The Contractor Site Specific Training’s are computer-based training. If your employees are in North Dakota, an OSCA computer lab is set up at the North Dakota Safety Council located at 1710 Canary Avenue in Bismarck. Employees MUST be pre-registered for the training.
Contractor Site Orientation Training can also be completed at other locations in the United States. Please contact OSCA for locations offered.
Q. Is RSO taking the place of the OSHA 10-Hour, or do I need to take both?
A. Marathon accepts both RSO and OSHA 10-Hour training, but you only need to complete one.
Q. Once I get all of my training completed, what do I do?
A. Work with your company representative or your refinery contact to determine the next steps to receive your access badge.
Q. Who can I contact at the Marathon Refinery in Mandan if I have any questions?
A. Contact your company representative or your refinery contact for the onboarding guide.
Toggle Content goes here