June is National Safety Month!
Thank you for participating in National Safety Month! We’re excited to share a month’s worth of free resources with you below. Our insights-based tools will help you create a culture of safety in which everyone – from leaders and safety professionals to each individual worker – plays their part, not just in June but all year long. Check back often for more resources.
National Safety Month Branding Resources
- National Safety Month Poster
- National Safety Month Icon
- Social Media Kit
- Show Your Safety Pride! Choose a day or week to showcase your safety pride with our Go Green for Safety campaign. Encourage your team to dress up in green – the universal color of safety – and hold up our printable Go Green for Safety sign. Capture photos and videos to share in your communication and on social.
- Go Green for Safety sign
Week 1: June 1-11 - Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs)
MSD’s are a leading cause of workplace injury and cost billions each year in workers’ compensation and lost productivity. Gain the latest resources and practical tools to help your organization take action.
- Graphic: Use this week’s graphic on your social media channels and in employee communications to get the word out.
- Podcast: Listen to the On the Safe Side podcast mini-episode: MSD’s. Safety+Health magazine Associate Editors Barry Bottino, Kevin Druley and Alan Ferguson discuss MSDs with NSC experts Lisa Brooks and Ram Maikala. – Available in English and Spanish
- Fact Sheet: Help your workers get the facts on this week’s topic to learn what MSD injuries are and how they commonly occur so they can keep an eye out for hazards.
- Safety Pro Resources: NSM is a time not just to get safety information to your workers, but to also help build your skills and make your job easier. Check out these resources.
- Making the Business Case for Safety Innovation report
- NSC Work to Zero investment calculator, which allows companies to explore the value of eight key safety technologies in saving lives and saving money.
- Articles: The Council’s flagship publication, Safety+Health magazine, provides a wealth of knowledge. Check out the June issue and important topics related to this week like:
Week 2: June 12-18 - Workplace Impairment
We all know the dangers of substance use on the job. But did you know mental distress, stress and fatigue are also impairing? Access resources to recognize the signs and address impairment, in all its forms.
- Graphic: Continue the momentum by using this week’s graphic on your social media channels and in employee communications.
- Podcast: Listen to the On the Safe Side podcast mini-episode: Workplace Impairment. Safety+Health Associate Editor Kevin Druley talks impairment with NSC Impairment Initiative Program Managers Rebecca Martin and Claire Stroer.
- Fact Sheet: Help your workers get the facts on this week’s topic by learning about statistics from a national employer survey of impairment.
- Safety Pro Resources: Build up your skills around impairment and how it’s impacting your workers and your organization’s bottom line:
- Employer Cost Calculators – substance use, fatigue and mental health
- Employer Toolkits – opioids, fatigue and safe driving
- Impairment Infographic and Cannabis Infographic
- Impairment Recognition and Response Training for Supervisors
- Featured Technology Report on Wearables for Fatigue Monitoring
- Issue Paper on Mental Health and the Workplace
Week 3: June 19-25 - Injury Prevention
In 2020 alone, more than four million workplace injuries required medical attention in the U.S. Learn about approaches to preventing injuries and deaths, including identifying hazards and assessing risks.
- Graphic: We’ve reached the halfway mark! If you haven’t already participated in a Go Green for Safety day or week, send out an email encouraging your workers to share their safety pride by wearing green and taking photos with our printable Go Green for Safety sign. Also, take time to share out this week’s graphic.
- Podcast: Listen to the On the Safe side podcast mini-episode: Injury Prevention. NSC Senior Safety Consultant JoAnn Dankert describes injury prevention efforts with Safety+Health Associate Editor Barry Bottino.
- Fact Sheet: Help your workers get the facts on this week’s topic and dive into the top three workplace injuries to better understand the risks around them.
- Safety Pro Resources:
Week 4: June 26-30 - Slips, Trips and Falls
With falls the second-leading cause of unintentional injury-related death, this week we’ll focus on reducing slips, trips and falls, falls from heights and how technology can play a role in saving lives.
- Graphic: Conclude the month with a final employee email or social post showcasing all of your organization’s NSM efforts. Also, include this week’s graphic.
- Podcast: Listen to the On the Safe Side podcast mini-episode: Slips, Trips and Falls with Safety+Health Associate Editor Alan Ferguson and NSC Senior Safety Consultant David Consider.
- Fact Sheet: Help your workers get the facts on this week’s topic to better understand the dangers related to falls on the same level and falls from heights.
- Safety Pro Resources: Access additional tools and resources to make a greater impact: