HAZWOPER First Responder Awareness
First responders at the awareness level are individuals who are likely to witness or discover a hazardous substance release and who have been trained to initiate an emergency response sequence by notifying the proper authorities.
To meet the requirements for an awareness level first responder, you must have sufficient training or experience to objectively demonstrate competency in core areas outlined by OSHA. This course covers all training requirements and students who successfully complete this course will have:
• An understanding of what hazardous substances are and the risks associated with them in an incident.
• An understanding of the potential outcomes associated with an emergency created when hazardous substances are present. 1910.120(q)(6)(i)(B)
• The ability to recognize the presence of hazardous substances in an emergency. 1910.120(q)(6)(i)©
• The ability to identify the hazardous substances, if possible. 1910.120(q)(6)(i)(D)
• An understanding of the role of the first responder awareness individual in the employer’s emergency response plan including site security and control and the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Emergency Response Guidebook.
• The ability to realize the need for additional resources and to make appropriate notifications to the communication center. 1910.120(q)(6)(i)(F)
Call 701-223-6372 to request pricing and schedule training.