Professional Truck Driver – Defensive Driving Course
NSC Professional Truck Driver, 5th Edition Reduce liability risks and fleet expenses through driver safety training. Your professional truck drivers need to stay safe. And your fleet needs to stay on the road, which means avoiding collisions, injuries and violations.
The NSC Professional Truck Driver Course helps keep your fleet safe and on the road. This classroom course can be taught in either 3 or 4 hours.
What Participants will learn: Participants will acquire the knowledge and defensive driving strategies to help them remain incident and citation-free by focusing on collision prevention through hazard recognition and crash avoidance techniques. Educating your employees about the importance of safe responsible driving can potentially reduce liability exposure and financial risks and costs related fleet insurance premiums, workers’ compensation claims, traffic violations and repair bills.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Defensive driving and collision prevention strategies – speed, proper following distances, lane changes and lane marking’s, passing and overtaking, correct scanning techniques and critical thinking
- Handling challenging situations – head-on collisions, turn and intersection collisions, backing, distracted driving, and factors contributing to collisions
- Pre-trip, en-route and post -trip inspections
- Maneuvering safety through work zones, traffic and weather conditions
- Hazard recognition and conditions beyond the driver’s control
- Physical health and wellness of the professional driver – stress management, fatigue, vision, hearing, mobility, medication, and more!
3 or 4 hours
Call 701-223-6372 to request pricing and schedule training.