Basic Life Support for Health Care and Professional Rescuers
Today’s professional responders encounter many challenges such as natural and man-made disasters and infectious diseases. Responders may require increased training to effectively handle these emergencies. This in-depth course focuses on immediate life-threatening situations, and demonstrates how to respond quickly and effectively. It provides real-world perspectives on how frequently these situations occur to help provide context and retain knowledge. This course utilizes National Safety Council curriculum and meets Center for Disease Control, OSHA and National Fire Protection Agency guidelines. Upon successful completion, students will receive an NSC course completion card.
Participants will learn:
• The professional rescuer’s role in medical emergencies
• How to assess a victim’s condition
• Basic life support, including rescue breathing, cardiac emergencies and CPR airway obstruction
• How to properly and effectively use an automated external defribrillation (AED)
Who will benefit:
• Health care providers
• Emergency response teams
• EMS professionals, firefighters, police and paramedics
• Lifeguards, athletic trainers and medical assistants
• Individuals requiring certification
Call 701-223-6372 to request pricing and schedule training.