Where do I get a drug test? Background check?


You may get your drug test or background check from any qualified drug testing or background check company.

Please click here for more information on Dakota Gasification Company’s requirements.


What kind of drug test do I need?


Certified lab, minimum 10-panel drug screen. Proof of testing from a certified lab must be available upon request. All drug screens must be signed by a medical review officer.


How long does it take once I have submitted the form for my information to appear on the database?


All entries received before 4pm Monday through Friday will be entered the same day it is received. Submissions received after 4pm weekdays, weekends, and holidays will be entered the next business day.


How do I view my employee information once it has been submitted?


After the NDSC approves the submission (see above schedule), you may view the employee by logging in using your user ID and password. From the Central Control Panel, choose “Employee Record Search”.


My company is going to work at (insert company name here) and they said I need to work with the NDSC to gain access. What do I need to do?


Click on the yellow button on the ECCS web homepage titled “Become An Authorized Contractor to gain access to an ECCS site.” This portion of the website will walk you through, step-by-step, how to become an authorized contractor.


Do I need to be a member of the NDSC to become an ECCS Authorized Contractor?


Some plants require membership. To determine if the plant you are working with requires NDSC membership, please view the details of your contract or contact the plant.

When you become a member of the NDSC you receive reduced rates on training and can be direct billed. You also receive training updates to ensure you can find training when and where you need it. If you do not become an NDSC member, credit card information is required when submitting employee information. Click here to view a complete list of member benefits.


How do I get an employee approved to go to work at an ECCS site?


Click on the button titled “Authorized Contractor & ECCS Member Login”. After logging in, click “Upload Employee Information” and follow the form.

What trainings are approved for my employees?


You may take an OSHA 10- or 30-hour or the ECCS Refresher from any provider who is a qualified trainer. Click here to view a list of approved trainings.


I am a new ECCS member. Is there training on how to use the ECCS Portal? 


Yes, just visit our tutorials page for video tutorials on how to submit employee training data, run reports, search employees, and more.