Source: FBI – National Crime Information Center, 2020
- During 2020, 543,018 missing person records were entered into NCIC. Of those, 365,348 missing person entries were under the age of 18.
- As of December 31, 2020, NCIC contained 89,637 active missing person records. Juveniles under the age of 18 account for 30.396 (34%) of the records and 38,869 (43%) records when juveniles are defined as under 21 years of age.
- During 2020, 800 unidentified person records were entered into NCIC.
- As of December 31, 2020, there were 8,285 unidentified missing person records. 800 unidentified person records were entered into the NCIC during 2020.
- The North Dakota AMBER Alert program was implemented in 2002. (North Dakota Highway Patrol)
- Since then, eight AMBER alerts involving nine children have been issued in the state. Eight out of the nine children have successfully been recovered. (North Dakota Highway Patrol)