Minn-Dak Farmers Cooperative is seeking a full time, year round Safety Assistant who is responsible for the inspection and maintenance of safety related equipment and assists in other safety related tasks. The Safety Assistant reports to the Safety Manager.
Essential Job Duties
• Perform checks on all related fire and safety equipment as required by the regulating establishments.
• Perform inspection, maintenance, and refilling of fire extinguishers, including the transportation of fire extinguishers from the refill station to factory sites.
• Perform inspection and maintenance of self-contained breathing apparatus and backup tanks.
• Perform necessary inspection and maintenance on air monitors as required by supervisor.
• Perform inspection and maintenance of eye wash and shower stations.
• Attend all Safety Committee meetings and assist the Chairperson in the preparation of the meeting agenda.
• Prepare/complete required reports and maintain files of the same as required.
• Recognize safety hazards in the workplace and act to correct hazards that are present.
• High school education or equivalent desired
• Must be able to read, write, and understand written and verbal instructions
• Maintain a valid driver’s license
• Organized with excellent time management skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels
Competencies and skill set required to do the job well
• Must possess computer skills and be able to use Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK.
• Must be able to learn Company’s computer maintenance system.
• Must have, or be able to obtain, the necessary knowledge for compliance with the National Fire Protection Association for portable fire extinguisher maintenance.
• Must be able to reason through problems involving the setup and operation of moderately complex equipment.
• Must possess the judgment and knowledge to select and use the correct materials, tools, and equipment when performing maintenance work.
• Must be able to direct activities of outside contractors, helpers, and other workers as assigned.
• Must be able to reference, read, and understand how to use MSDS information.
Starting pay based on education and experience. Comprehensive benefit program including: health, dental, and vision insurance, sign-on bonus, 401(k) plan, vacation, paid holidays, and after one year life insurance and LTD insurance.
All interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to provide a cover letter and resume.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
MINN-DAK FARMERS COOPERATIVE
7525 Red River Road • Wahpeton, ND 58075