Building a culture of safety starts with a well-trained workforce. When you train with the NDSC, you get quality training from passionate instructors with real world experience that will resonate with your workers.
If you work around hazardous materials you NEED HAZWOPER Training. Reduce your risk with detailed training in:
Regulations, site characterization, hazard identification, monitoring safe work practices, site control, emergency response, personal protective equipment, and medical surveillance decontamination
We offer the following hands-on HAZWOPER Courses (click the title of the class to register for the class):
- First Responder Awareness- 4 hour course
- First responders at the awareness level are individuals who are likely to witness or discover a hazardous substance release and who have been trained to initiate an emergency response sequence by notifying the proper authorities. To meet the requirements for an awareness level first responder, you must have sufficient training or experience to objectively demonstrate competency in core areas outlined by OSHA.
- Hazardous Materials Technician Training- 24 hour course
- After successful completion of this 3-day course, participants will gain the skill set required to become a hazardous materials technician – who is an individual who responds to releases or potential releases for the purpose of stopping the release. Hazardous materials technicians shall have received at least 24 hours of training equal to the first responder operations level, and this curriculum meets OSHA 1910.120 training requirements.
- Hazardous Materials Specialist Training – 40 hour course
- After successful completion of this 5-day course, participants will gain the skill set required to become a hazardous materials specialist – who is an individual who responds with and provides support to hazardous materials technicians. Their duties parallel those of the hazardous materials technician, however, those duties require a more directed or specific knowledge of the various substances they may be called upon to contain. This curriculum meets OSHA 1910.120 training requirements.
- Refresher Training – 8 hour course
- This refresher course fulfills the requirements of the HAZWOPER Standard for Construction and General Industry and includes updates on and an overview of HAZWOPER requirements with a hands-on approach. Focus will be placed on identification, evaluation and control of a hazmat scene or incident. Course will also cover respiratory protection, DOT ERG, NIOSH pocket guide, and other topics. Hands-on elements will include donning and doffing SCBA units, PPE tape up exercises, air monitoring equipment, as well as a special exercise utilizing the components of HAZWOPER.
Have multiple employees to train?
Save money by scheduling a private course on a date and location most convenient for you. Call us for a quote today!