Summer flies by way too fast and we want to make sure everyone has a safe and fun summer while it lasts. Please see some important safety tips below to make your summer the best it can be.
Fireworks Safety Tips
- Light fireworks far away from buildings, vehicles, or anything that can easily catch fire.
- Soak used fireworks in water before disposing.
- Never re-light a dud firework. Wait 20 minutes, then immerse it in water.
Kids In Cars
- Always lock your vehicle so children can’t accidentally get trapped inside. An average of 38 children die in hot cars each year from heat-related deaths after being trapped inside motor vehicles.
- Never leave your child unattended in or around your vehicles.
- Make sure car seats and booster seats are properly installed and children are in a seat appropriate for their size.
- Wear light colored, loosely-woven cotton clothing.
- Stay cool by wearing a wide-brimmed hat. And don’t forget your sunscreen!
- If you’re working outdoors, stay hydrated and take frequent breaks.
- Line the bottom of the BBQ with aluminum foil covered by an inch of ash to absorb grease drippings.
- Stack your charcoal in a pyramid at the center of the grill.
- Your grill—whether it’s charcoal or gas—should be at least 10 feet away from your house, deck railings and other structures.
Click here to download an infographic to share on your social media pages.