OSHA Quick Facts
From OSHA website on 3/20/20
- Existing OSHA standards apply to protecting workers from the novel coronavirus, COVID-19.
- Signs and symptoms of infection with COVID-19 include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
- Some people who get the COVID-19 may experience only mild illness. However, the virus can also cause pneumonia, which may be severe.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) believes at this time that symptoms of COVID-19 may appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 days after exposure to the virus.
- COVID-19 cases in the United States include cases among travelers, cases among close contacts of a known case, and community-acquired cases where the source of the infection is unknown.
- CDC issued a warning notice to avoid all non-essential travel to China. CDC and U.S. Customs and Border Protection have implemented enhanced health screenings to detect travelers with fever, cough, or difficulty breathing when entering the United States.
COVID-19 SAFETY RESOURCES
- U.S. Department of Labor Coronavirus Resources
- National Safety Council
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- OSHA COVID-19 Resources
- OSHA COVID-19 Guidance Website
- Steps All Employers Can Take To Reduce Workers’ Risk of Contracting COVID-19
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- Temporary Enforcement Guidance: Healthcare Respiratory Protection Annual Fit-Testing for N95 Facepieces During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- OSHA Alert: Prevent Worker Exposure to COVID-19
ADDITIONAL TRUSTED AGENCIES FOR COVID-19 UDPATES
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- North Dakota Specific Resources
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
- ND Division of Behavioral Health and Human Services
- Recovery Talk – 1-844-44TALK2
Talk with a trained peer support specialist in ND with lived experience in addiction to chat and receive support.
- Disaster Distress Helpline – 1-800-985-5990
Provides crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.
WEBINARS & VIDEOS
Click the webinar title below for more details or to register.
- Coronavirus: What You Need to Know (recording), National Safety Council & CDC
- Video Series: Navigating Coronavirus
Dr. Terry Lyles, a keynote speaker at our 2019 conference, has put together a video series to help businesses and employees identify and manage obstacles during the coronavirus pandemic. Click here to view the 11-part series.