Health and safety is our utmost priority as we work to fulfill our mission of preventing injuries and saving lives. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented additional measures to help slow the spread of the virus.
The following precautions have been implemented by the NDSC:
- Class maximums will be set to allow for a minimum of six foot distancing between people.
- NDSC facilities and classrooms are cleaned daily using a hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Limited occupancy in elevators and restrooms.
- Social distancing is encouraged when entering/exiting classrooms or the facility.
- We welcome guests to wear masks, but they are not required to enter our facilities.
- Implemented a no hand-shake policy.
Guests are asked to not enter our facilities if they:
- Feel sick or are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 such as persistent cough; fever/chills; body aches; chest pains; or difficulty breathing
- Are at a higher risk for serious complications from COVID-19
- Have been informed by the ND Department of Health or other agency, that they may have been in close contact with persons who may have been infected with COVID-19
- Have been informed by a health agency that they should self-isolate because of recent close contact with a possible COVID-19 infected person
All students are asked to review and sign an agreement confirming they are, and will remain, in compliance with these restrictions.
Visitors will be asked to leave if they exhibit signs of illness, and all visitors are asked to follow heightened hygiene and distancing practices, including:
- Sanitize hands prior to entering the facility
- Always maintain CDC recommended 6-foot social distancing guidelines
- Avoid handshakes and all unnecessary physical contact with others
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching mouth, nose, or eyes
- Cover coughs/sneezes with arm or a tissue