Health and safety is our utmost priority as we work to fulfill our mission of preventing injuries and saving lives. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented additional measures to help slow the spread of the virus.
The following precautions have been implemented by the NDSC:
- Limited In-Person Course Offerings: we’ve altered our schedule to a limited number of essential classroom courses.
- Limited Class Sizes: class sizes are limited to 9 people or less.
- Spatial Seating: social distancing guidelines are being implemented by ensuring all room sizes are large enough for attendees to be seated at least 6 feet apart.
- Implemented a no hand-shake policy.
- Increased Cleaning: NDSC facilities and classrooms are cleaned multiple times per day using a hospital-grade disinfectant.
The NDSC has also implemented visitor/student restrictions.
Visitors are asked to not enter our facilities if they:
- feel sick or are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19
- are at a higher risk for serious complications from COVID-1
- traveled to a CDC Level 3 designated country or on a cruise ship in the last 14 days
- have been in close contact with persons who they know, or have reason to believe, have traveled from or through CDC Level 3 designated countries in the past 14 days
All students are asked to review and sign an agreement confirming they are, and will remain, in compliance with these restrictions.
Visitors will be asked to leave if they exhibit signs of illness, and all visitors are asked to follow heightened hygiene practices, including:
- Sanitize hands prior to entering the facility
- Avoid handshakes and all unnecessary physical contact
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching mouth, nose, or eyes
- Cover coughs/sneezes with arm or a tissue