Labor Day marked the unofficial end of summer. The last few weekends of summer usually means more people on the road traveling to see their family, getting together for a barbecue, or even one last trip to the lake for the summer. Before you head out for the weekend, please remember these safety reminders.
Scroll down to the bottom for FREE Resources.
- Drive Safely
- Watch out for aggressive and assertive drivers by being aware of all your surroundings and hazards.
- Always wear your seatbelt and encourage all passengers to wear theirs.
- Wear Sun Protection and stay hydrated
- Avoid skin cancer by wearing a sunscreen that is at least 30 SPF and reapply every two hours.
- Drink plenty of water before, after and during any physical activity.
- Grill Responsibly
- Keep your grill away from deck railings and over hanging tree branches.
- Make sure you NEVER leave your grill unattended.
- Take caution in water
- Always designate a responsible adult to serve as the “water-watcher” – a supervisor whose sole responsibility is to constantly observe children in or near the water.
- Make sure all children know that water wings, and inflatables are not personal flotation devices. They should wear a lifejacket while playing on any inflatables or floating mats.
- Drink Alcohol in moderation
- Set a limit on the amount of alcohol you are going to consume and stick to that plan.
- For every alcoholic drink you consume, drink the same amount of water.
The North Dakota Safety Council hopes everyone has a great and safe Labor Day Weekend!
Download these FREE resources: